What is Swedish Massage?
Our Swedish massage therapy in Los Angeles can vary in terms of strokes. It can be vigorous, or slow and gentle, depending on what you want. If you can handle more pressure to get relief from chronic muscle pain, then you might want to consider a Deep Tissue Massage instead.
How does Swedish Massage Work?
Swedish massage consists of 4 different strokes:
- Effleurage: A smooth stroke done in a gliding motion, used for relaxing soft tissue.
- Petrissage: Squeezing/rolling/kneading stroke that follows effleurage.
- Friction: This type of movement creates friction between layers of tissue. This is achieved through circular movements that cause layers of tissue to rub against each other. This movement is good for increasing blood flow and breaking down scar tissue.
- Tapotement: A short tap done with the edge of hands or fingers.
If you want a relaxing, energizing, and stress relieving massage, then our Swedish massage in Los Angeles is the best choice for you.
What are the benefits of Swedish Massage?
Our Los Angeles Swedish massage is ideal for first time spa-goers or for people who haven’t had a massage in a long time. A Swedish massage as short as 45 minutes can deliver the following benefits:
- Relief for muscle stiffness, aches and pains
- Lowering nervous energy and stress
- Increase level of oxygen in the blood
- Decrease muscle toxins
- Improve circulation
- Improve flexibility
- Ease tension
- Increase white blood cells
- Boost the immune cells that fight colds and flu
- Reduction in knee arthritis
- Relieving the symptoms of carpal tunnel
- Lower blood pressure
- Reduce headaches
- Helps reduce the symptoms of fibromyalgia.
Tips and after care for Swedish Massage
Swedish massage is the most standard type of massage therapy. Pressure is moderate and not too vigorous.
It is only with extremely vigorous or “high-thrust” movements with other types of massages that you might be concerned.
A slightly common after-effect of any massage is post-massage soreness and malaise (PMSM). The mildest form of PMSM is slight muscle soreness the day after the massage. More severe forms of PMSM should not manifest from a mild Swedish massage.
Our Swedish massage in Los Angeles is the most popular type of massage for a reason. It’s a feel-good massage that is ideal for everybody!